Based in Irvine, California
iOS: January 12, 2017, Steam: April 18, 2017, Android: August 28th 2017
Rising from the dead with his mind intact but memories missing, Sonny embarks on a massive adventure to uncover the truth and save the world in this challenging turn-based post-apocalyptic RPG. Battling overzealous paramilitary forces, ravenous mutated techno-beasts, undead monstrosities and more, Sonny must master his ever-evolving combat skills to gain the upper hand. A reimagining of the cult-hit series played by millions, Sonny is a combat-focused RPG crafted for planning and strategy. While it starts simple, the gameplay quickly gains depth and complexity as Sonny and his team learn and evolve new skills and gameplay mechanics. You'll need creativity and cunning calculation to win, but nobody will make it through unscathed. Featuring stunning artwork by Jet Kimchrea and an engrossing original score by David Orr.
While Sonny for iOS launched in January of 2017, the series has its home in the world of Flash gaming, where it's had a dedicated fan base for nearly a decade. With its emphasis on strategy rather than customary RPG level grinding, Sonny and its sequel, Sonny 2, won the support and love from its players, particularly on the site of its original sponsor, ArmorGames.com. While other games released by developer Krin Juangbhanic have consistently earned high scores and praise, the Sonny series remains the most consistently (and frequently) asked about, and Armor Games Studios is proud to present the next chapter.
- Engaging, mysterious storyline full of secrets, conspiracies, and zombies.
- Combat-focused gameplay with an intuitive interface.
- Battles with an emphasis on strategy... think your way through it, don't grind.
- Intriguing party members with their own unique abilities.
- Upgrade and enhance your equipment to grow even more powerful.
- Crisp and stunning 2D character and environment art.
Logo & Icon
- "... well worth your time and money, even if you’ve never played Sonny before in your life."
- Christine Chan, appadvice.com
- "It's easy to play and dive into, but has a surprising depth to the combat."
- Carter Dotson, toucharcade.com
- "The system just works so well. In fact, I’ll go as far as to say that I had a mini-revelation about what I expect from the RPG genre."
- Andy Chassé, gamegrin.com
- "Sonny is more of a reimagining of the original games, complete with new sets of abilities, a nice art style, and laser focus on the combat that made the first games beloved."
- Campbell Bird, 148apps.com
- "... picking the right power at the right time against a particular enemy makes a big difference and there are several variables that influence success. Some fights are very challenging and will force you to adopt a new strategy to win."
- Nick Vigdahl, pockettactics.com
- "Sonny works as both a quick mobile game you can play on the go, or as an engaging RPG you can play at home to escape the real world."
- Marshall Walker, iphonefaq.org
- "Sonny is still a brilliant and engaging RPG that doesn't hold your hand throughout."
- Emily Snowden, pocketgamer.co.uk
Sonny theatrical trailer in MP4. files.armorgames.com.
Sonny gameplay-focused trailer in MP4. files.armorgames.com.
About Armor Games
Armor Games Studios is both a publisher of unique and creative indie games from all over the world, and one of the internet's longest running curated free Flash gaming portals. Play thousands of free games online at http://www.armorgames.com, or visit our publishing website at http://www.armorgamesstudios.com.
More information on Armor Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.