Armor Games Studios
Based in Irvine, California
March 11th, 2019
Don't Escape: 4 Days in a Wasteland is a pixelart point-and-click adventure from veteran indie developer Scriptwelder. The game is a post-apocalyptic thriller centered around a man who is beset with prophetic dreams warning him of incoming dangers. Players must figure out a way to properly fortify their home against each chapter's new danger, as they learn the truth behind the apocalypse and search for a way to safety, if one exists. Certain actions they take will eat up time and advance the in-game clock, giving them a limited amount of time to prepare for the end of the day and deal with danger in the most effective way to survive. While the game utilizes classic point-and-click gameplay, each chapter has several potential variations, allowing for multiple playthroughs with different encounters and puzzles, such as poisonous gas or giant spiders, extreme heat or cold, and so on.
Poland-based developer Scriptwelder is a well known creator of creepy web-based games, perhaps the most iconic of which is the Deep Sleep series, which has won multiple awards and been played by millions all around the world. The Don't Escape series began as a web game that inverted the classic escape-the-room formula... rather than trying to find a way out, players were instead trying to find a way to secure themselves within, usually from some sort of threat or danger. Don't Escape: 4 Days in a Wasteland is his first full length premium game.
- A classic pixelart aesthetic and creepy atmosphere from a veteran of horror and thrillers.
- Logical puzzles and exploration to challenge players without frustrating them.
- Time mechanics; certain actions advance the clock in a race against time.
- A post-apocalyptic thriller, with an engaging storyline and cast.
- Moody and engrossing original musicial score.
- Multiple variations for each chapter mean multiple playthroughs with new content.
Logo & Icon
- "From its attractive pixel art style and its beautifully recorded soundtrack, to its engaging puzzles and gripping story, Don’t Escape: 4 Days in a Wasteland manages to be a surprising and altogether rewarding adventure."
- GameSpew, gamespew.com
- "Don’t Escape: 4 Days in the Wasteland is a superbly written, clever and well made indie title. Its take on the blending of point and click with survival styles make this a genuinely unique title."
- Cultured Vultures, culturedvultures.com
- "I have not really felt so involved in a game for a long time, and the combination of survival elements with point-and-click adventures works perfectly."
- GameReactor.pl, https://www.gamereactor.pl/recenzje/40613/Dont+Escape+4+Days+in+a+Wasteland/
- "The game uses a combination of traditional point and click tropes and classic survival elements, the finished product is a game that is intriguing, fun to play and very well put together."
- KeenGamer, keengamer.com
About Armor Games Studios
Armor Games Studios is both a publisher of unique and creative indie games from all over the world, and one of the internet's longest running curated free Flash gaming portals. Play thousands of free games online at http://www.armorgames.com, or visit our publishing website at http://www.armorgamesstudios.com.
More information on Armor Games Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.